Privacy of personal information is an important principle to Calyco Travel. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the travel products and services we provide. We also try to be open and transparent as to how we handle personal information. This document describes our privacy policies.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. Personal information includes information that relates to their personal characteristics (e.g., gender, age, income, home address or phone number, ethnic background, family status), their health (e.g., health history, health conditions, health services received by them) or their activities and views (e.g., religion, politics, opinions expressed by an individual, an opinion or evaluation of an individual). Personal information is to be contrasted with business information (e.g., an individual’s business address and telephone number), which is not protected by privacy legislation. In addition, due the nature of the travel agency business, we also include in our policies and staunchly protect therein an individual’s financial information including checking account information and credit card information.
Who we are?
Our travel agency, Calyco Travel, is a full-service agency business, and we arrange travel products and services for our clients with a wide spectrum of industry suppliers. Accordingly, we deal with many consultants and third parties that may, in the course of their duties, have limited access to personal information we hold. These include airlines, railroads, cruise lines, tour operators, computer reservations system providers, and other travel-related vendors. We restrict their access to any personal information we hold as much as is reasonably possible. We also have their assurance that they follow appropriate privacy principles in accordance with their own policies.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
Like all travel agencies, we collect, use and disclose personal information to serve our clients. For our clients, the primary purposes for collecting personal information are as follows:
· to make and secure reservations,
· to issue transportation documents and vouchers,
· to provide travel suppliers with information to complete the necessary purchasing arrangements for a wide array of travel and tourism products.
Examples of the type of personal information we collect for those purposes include the following:
· Telephone, fax and email address
· Date of Birth
· Credit Card Information,
· Passport or Visa Information,
as well as similar personal information necessary to properly identify our clients and their entitlement to the services we arrange.
Protecting Personal Information:
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
· Paper information is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
· Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured at all times. In addition, passwords are used on computers.
· Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies.
· Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or is anonymized or encrypted.
· External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us or acknowledge that the abide by US Privacy Laws.
Retention and destruction of personal information:
We need to retain personal information for some time to ensure that we can answer any questions you might have about the services provided and for our own accountability to external regulatory bodies. However, we do not want to keep personal information too long in order to protect your privacy. If you ask, such contact information will be removed and destroyed right away.
We destroy paper files containing personal information by shredding. We destroy electronic information by deleting it and, when the hardware is discarded, we ensure that the hard drive is physically destroyed.
Do you have a concern?
Our owner, Caryn Coomer, is available to address any questions or concerns you might have.